A few months back I found a great tutorial to make a bird mobile so gave it a go, it’s not perfect but I like it and think it is quite effective. The fabric I used was from my collection of vintage fabric.
It’s hard to get the balance right and it is something I think I will do again and experiment with the layout a bit more, watch this space!
Another bird project I did was design my own little Robin ornament for one of the weekly Spoonflower contests. We had to design a hanging ornament on a 8 inch swatch. There were loads of fantastic designs, you can check them out here. This was my entry below printed on Organic Cotton Sateen.
I changed it slightly by making the stitching details a larger pixel size and the angel of the wing. I got them reprinted on Linen/Cotton mix fabric which I liked better as it gave it more texture. Here is the sewn up version (note; I used my own ribbon instead of the one on the kit).
I made these available to purchase as either an 8 inch swatch or a Fat Quarter on Linen/Cotton mix fabric. With the Fat Quarter, you would get 8 Robins to make and have 14 little Robins that could be used for many different projects. I recently used one of the Robins on a canvas that I made using vintage buttons and fabric, see below.
To view the Swatch or FQ Robin Ornament kit please visit my Spoonflower shop.