I can’t believe it’s been over two weeks since I last posted. It has been a busy two weeks with the kids on school holidays, I find I am stealing an hour or two here and there to work on projects but not a lot of time to share them online, so apologies for the lack of output. I am hoping by September I will be back on track as we will have moved house, fingers crossed, and I will then have my own studio/study without kid’s toys! I have created a few new fabric designs, the first one was a simple paper collage based upon a Pinata cake that we made for my daughter’s 6th Birthday.
This fabric design was done by creating this cake by multi coloured papers, gluing in place, then scanning and finally making into a seamless repeat in Photoshop.
I have to be honest, it printed out a bit washed out so I’m not putting that one up for sale and just putting that one down to experimentation of paper collaging for fabric design.
This is my current favourite, it’s an abstract rose mid century inspired design. This was made with the idea of making a cocktail dress however I can see this design in many different products. This design is printed on kona cotton and the photo was taken in natural light. It is available to buy from my Spoonflower shop.
This design was especially created for my rocket ship mad 4 year old son! It is a design based upon his building block rocket ships that he builds all around the house! It is a simplistic and fun design which I hope to use to make some cushions for his new bedroom.
This week’s design is for a cut and sew project on a fat quarter and has been created with the idea of using it for a craft party as part of the weekly Spoonflower competitions, this is in connection with Etsy’s Global Craft Party Celebration of Meeting and Making. My design is for a small jewellery roll bag, perfect size for taking on a weekend break. I have not received the fabric so have made up a prototype roll bag in order to check the pattern worked and looked okay.
I used some vintage fabric for the outer fabric and just plain cotton fabric for the lining inside.
As this is a prototype, the sewing is not the best as I just wanted to ensure the pattern would work and the bag would function. I am planning on making a few more, some bigger ones as well so will post a full tutorial in the next coming weeks.